Lac qui Parle Health network
Working Together to improve local access to primary & secondary healthcare services.
Madison | Appleton | Dawson
What is the Lac qui Parle Health Network (LqPHN)?
The Lac qui Parle Health Network (LqPHN) is a non-profit tax-exempt hospital services cooperative, incorporated in 1998 to provide a system for collaboration between our three local, rural community hospital-based provider organizations. The vision of the LqPHN is to assist its members in building and maintaining quality healthcare services to the populations of Lac qui Parle and Swift Counties.
Since 1998, LqPHN has undertaken a number of initiatives, which have leveraged human and capital resources to ensure coverage of quality health care for the region. Initiatives have included:
- cross coverage staffing for emergency room call coverage and staff education
- upgrade of medical transcription software and equipment to allow for standardized transcription protocols across member medical departments, enabling the network members to share transcription staffing
- the purchase of a portable ultrasound machine for emergency room and clinical use by each member facility
- assisted in the development of satellite clinic operations in the area’s smaller towns of Boyd & Marietta
- shared technology purchases and operation, most notably the group purchase installation and administration of system wide EHR software
- efforts to increase local enrollment in public health financial and preventive programs
- noon luncheon case study review series to bring network physicians together for the discussion of clinical issues, to attract new providers and build a collegiate environment among the physicians
www.mlhmn.org www.appletonareahealth.org www.jmhsmn.org